As a WordPress Developer, you’ll be responsible for handling assigned tasks on WordPress sites as needed for clients. For some projects, this will be as a support for ongoing maintenance and upkeep of sites, on others it will be as a team member developing the site from scratch.
Reports to the Costa Rica Team Lead, and indirectly through to the Owner/Principal.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage incoming support requests on WordPress sites
- Handle content entry
- Audit/configure plugins
- Create new theme modules or update existing theme structures
- Handle basic server management tasks
Experience with the following required:
- WordPress – admin dashboard content management
- Configuring plugins, entering content
- WordPress – theme/templates
- Understanding of how themes are built – template hierarchy, template tags, functions
- WordPress Performance and Site Speed –
- Fine-tuning WordPress to increase Lighthouse scores, making WP lightning fast
- WP site builders (such as Divi, Elementor, OptimizePress, etc) and common plugins (such as ACF Pro, Gravity Forms, RankMath SEO, etc)
- Custom functions, template tags
Experience with the following helpful, not required:
- Server administration (CLI, LAMP, Nginx)
- Version control: Git
- Ecommerce platforms (Shopify, Magento)
This is a contracted, remote position, paid on contract, on an as-needed basis. You’ll be expected to meet all the expectations of the Overtime team, outlined in our Company Values presentation. You’ll be expected to attend a weekly team stand up (this is billable time), and other internal meetings as required.
Work hours are flexible, as most communication can happen digitally. Our normal business hours are 9am to 5pm Mountain Time. There will be occasional need for either email or phone communication during business hours, depending on team availability. You’ll need to be able to take assigned tickets and resolve them promptly.
If you are COSTA RICA based, please fill out the following form to contact our CR hiring manager.